Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Parisian chic, of a certain age . . .

I can't imagine what nerve one has to muster to ask strangers if it's okay to photograph them for one's blog. I don't think I could do it. Instead, I pretended I was immensely interested in architectural details such as those above in order to capture such certain-age inspiration as this
And yes, once she'd strapped her helmet on, she motored away on her bike, an elegant woman probably in her cinquantaine.
More stealth, as I pretended to admire the Orangerie in the Lux. Gardens, sun-lovers bathing in its warmth against the wall
including this very chic woman
and this one -- note the luxurious removal of the shoes. You know how good those stockinged feet feel in the sunshine, don't you?
Against such chicness, I hesitate to show you my "what I wore" for the day, but it's in the contract, isn't it? My Burberry trench over black slim jeans, black patent brogues, a black-and-white silk scarf.
The belted look isn't great for me, but Pater says I'm being too self-critical, bless him. Not sure what Mr. Beast to my left thinks . . .
but it warmed up enough that I decided to leave the belt fastened behind me and the buttons undone
I think I prefer wearing the coat this way.

My very favourite look of the day, though, was worn by these two women in their 70s and 80s (the one pushing the bike was at least 80, judging her in comparison with the 80-year olds I know). Both chicly dressed, beautifully groomed, sensibly shod, and with inspiring energy. Made me add a few things to my wish list for my 80s . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment