There is nothing like the feeling that you get when shopping at the mall or working at your job all day and heading back out to your car just to see that it is no longer there and has been stolen. A car is stolen every 26 seconds in the United States costing Americans millions of dollars. Every year, Insurance companies release their lists of the country’s Top Ten Stolen Cars. These lists give consumers an idea of what cars to not buy if they want to minimize the chance of this happening.1) 1994 Honda Accord: A popular car with the consumers is also a popular car with the thieves. With this kind of popularity, there is a high demand for parts to keep them running.
2) 1995 Honda Civic: A very popular car in the 1990s makes the Civic a popular target for thieves. Many people like to by used ones to fix these cars up creating a demand for aftermarket parts.
4) 1997 Ford F-150 Pickup: Being one of the most popular trucks on the market puts the Ford F-150 on one of the most popular trucks to be stolen. Many other trucks produced by Ford use many of the same parts giving reason why this is probably so popular.
5) 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup: Being the fact that the 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup is a work truck, possibly filled with building supplies or more expensive cargo probably gives thieves incentive to snatch one of these vehicles if to come upon one.
6) 2000 Dodge Caravan: Hard to believe that minivans are actually on this list but they are. The 2000 Dodge Caravan makes it to number 6 on this list probably due to the double sliding doors making the van such a good cargo carrier.
7) 1996 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee: A classy SUV for the mid-nineties, the 1996 Jeep Cherokee/ Grand Cherokee is a favorite among thieves. Hard to believe with all the problems they had with the drivetrain.
8 ) 1994 Acura Integra: Noted for the popularity of street racers keeps the 1994 Acura Integra on the list for cars most stolen. This quick little car is a favorite for high performance and reactive speed.
9) 1999 Ford Taurus: The Ford Taurus was a very popular economical car during the late 1990s making parts to currently keep them running in today’s economy also very popular. Because of this, the Ford Taurus is on the Top ten Cars Most Stolen list.
10) 2002 Ford Explorer: A very popular SUV for the early part of the 2000s was the 2002 Ford Explorer. Mixed with the fact that many other Ford vehicles shared many parts put this vehicle on the Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicle list.