Thursday, March 24, 2011

Les Vitrines de Paris . . . Windows, windows . . .

I promised you Paris windows, and I'm quite proud to deliver this beauty: this is the Hermès window in St. Germain. Whimsy on a grand scale!

and more whimsy a few blocks away in the Paul Smith windows, as surveyed by my prince (who fits so well into the Parisian scene, I must say!). 
I'll guard him carefully against the fate of these poor frogs in Paul Smith togs (or at least I'll be ready with a kiss . . . )


Giant stuffed toys in colourful bedrooms, fairy tales illustrated through beautiful clothes . . . and check out these kimonos in Kenzo



This next photo is from the Paul Smith window, for my daughter who's planning to use succulents as a decorative theme at her June wedding -- there you go, Meg, thinking of you . . .

And finally, for any other do-it-yourselfers, and also from the Paul Smith window, you could transform your everyday shoes to metallically splendid ones . . .


I'm sure to come across many more windows to share with you -- (my fascination with these ones belies my claim of wariness toward conceptual art, since that's rather what these are, no?). Next post will have another one or two "What I Wore" and some architectural details and random courtyard/garden shots -- moi comme flâneuse, basically.  It's easy to celebrate the everyday here in Paris, but I hope you also manage to find quotidian joys in your neighbourhood today. . . and if you do, you know your comments are always welcome. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment